Help support the Lewis County ATV Trail System in the Tug Hill Adirondack Region of NY State. Trail Permits are required in many areas of the Lewis County region. By supporting and enjoying these area, you help us improve, maintain and extend the ATV riding range!
- NY State Law defines a legal ATV as under 1,000 lbs and less than 70 inches wide. All riders are required to wear helmets.
- Permit trails are scheduled to open April 1st (but some trails may have a delayed opening due to conditions) . After completing this registration process, you will receive your ATV Permit sticker within 14 days.
- All permit purchases are NON-refundable.
- You must print the payment receipt as a temporary permit if you plan on using the trails before receiving your sticker.
- If you are purchasing your ATV Permits locally you will have to provide your license plate numbers and show proof of insurance and show copies of your ATV registrations if you are registering multiple machines to provide proof of Family plan (same household)
- Online ATV Permit purchases are REQUIRED to email copies of ATV Registration and Insurance toPermits@lewiscountychamber.org prior to ATV Permits being valid.
- If you have questions regarding ATV Permits please contact the Lewis County Chamber of Commerce at (315) 376-2213, orPermits@lewiscountychamber.org
- $65 for the first ATV/OHV Season Pass
- $45 for the first ATV/OHV with Approved ATV Club Membership (list below)
- $20 for each additional ATV/OHV in the same household , copies of registration are required to show proof
- $20 for a 3 Day Permit per ATV/OHV
$20 Season Permit Discount if you are a member of an ATV Club listed below with an active Lewis County Trail Agreement.
- Black River Valley Riders ATV Club (Carthage)
- Black River Valley Four Wheelers Club
- Highmarket Wheelers ATV Club
- Northern Oneida County ATV Club
- Tug Hill Wheelers
- Tug Hill Adirondack ATV Association
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ATV/OHV OPERATORS AND ASSUMPTIONS OF RISK
In Consideration of being permitted to use the ATV/OHV trails promoted and maintained by Lewis County, I expressly acknowledge:
- That in compliance with New York State Laws, my ATV/OHV has the required registration and liability insurance;
- That I am physically fit and possess strength to participate in the sport of ATVing/OHVing and that I will not participate in the sport while under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- That I agree to observe, read, and abide by any and all notices posted from time to time by Lewis County which may pertain to my responsibilities as an ATV/OHV operator; and I will only ride on trails designated by Lewis County;
- That I grant Lewis County the right to utilize any photograph, videotape, motion picture, recording or other record of my use of its facilities for ay legitimate purpose;
- That trail conditions vary constantly because of weather changes and ATV/OHV use. I also understand that rain, variations in terrain, moguls, rocks, forest growth, debris, other obstacles, and hazards including other ATV/OHV riders, exists throughout the area.
- Therefore, I acknowledge that the sport of ATV/OHVing is a hazardous activity and that I could suffer personal injury as a participant.
NO REFUNDS OR REPLACEMENT PASS GIVEN,
YOU MUST PRODUCE RECEIPT IF PASS IS LOST OR STOLEN
- I hereby expressly acknowledge my understanding and acceptance of the forgoing and agree to assume the risk of any personal injuries which I may incur during my use of the Lewis County ATV/OHV Facilities.
- By purchasing a permit you are acknowledging and accepting the responsibilities and terms stated above by Lewis County.
Disclaimer: By selecting one of the permit options below, you will be redirected from the Lewis County website to the pay.xpress-pay.com website. Xpress-Pay provides the software we use to manage online payments.
Online ATV Permit purchases are REQUIRED to email copies of ATV Registration and Insurance to Permits@lewiscountychamber.org prior to ATV Permits being valid .